Binder 3-4 hour cure
3-4 hour curing time (Winter)
Suitable for wet pour or rubber mulch
Both the winter resin and polyurethane resin in general will not cure below 5°C. However the winter resin has catalyst in it to make it cure faster at temperatures above 5°C but the following conditions must be taken into consideration.
The temperature of the materials is very important. If the SBR, EPDM and the resin have been stored outside or in an area/vehicle which is less than 5°C then these items will also be close to that temperature. It will take them a long time to warm up so even though the external air temperature may get above 5°C your materials may still be too cold 5°C or less, so try and ensure the materials are kept in an area where the temperature is as much above 5°C as possible (12-18°C is ideal). Also once the materials are laid their temperature will drop quite quickly on a cold day even if they have been stored at a reasonable temperature.
As we get closer to the shortest day of the year the sun remains very low in the sky leaving a lot of areas in permanent or semi-permanent shadow on days with a clear sky. It is possible for it to feel quite warm in direct sunlight but extremely cold in the shade so do not be fooled into believing it is warmer than it actually is on the surface being worked. Also the sun sets early, before 4 o’clock in the afternoon but it gets quite low in the sky after 2 pm so there is very little heat to be gained from it on cold clear days. Ideally any work should be finished before 2 pm during late November, December and January if a heavy dew or frost is expected, otherwise there is a risk of white blooming occurring on the surface of the install.
Each 25kg keg would cover 6 sqm @ 50mm of bonded mulch with 240 kg mulch
- A bonded Rubber Mulch surface will not displace or move around
- It will always look clean and tidy
- It is porous and only requires a level soil sublayer (and membrane optional)
- Any handy DIY person can mix and lay bonded rubber mulch
- The ground should be dry and free of dust before starting
- It will need to be kept dry for at least first 4 hours of curing
- This process can be laid strait on to flattened earch but some porous membrane is advised
- Using a suitable mixer or tub blend in 2kg of binder into 10 kilos of rubber ratio 5:1 (20%)
- Mixed for around 3-5 minutes or until it looks evenly wet and consistent through out
- Move in tub or bucket out spread out to desired depth using trowel and a straight edge
- Keep tools clean by occasionally wiping with our recommended Polysolv
- Fit up to rubber kerbstones or simply taper the edges 45% into a "V" trench
- It should be touch dry in about an hour and usable approximately 24 hours later
- A more detailed laying instruction guide available on request [email protected]
Please read and follow the safety cautions on the labels of resin kegs or drums.
MonsterMulch supply all the bonded mulch materials for all conditions. The installation process is simple for any private individual, school or landscapers to undertake. technical advise and support is available.
But please consider that it is still a practical process with many variables which can affect the finished surface and therefore our guidelines should be taken as such. They are not instructions. Our policy is to be a materials supplier only and therefore does not provide pre site inspections or have installation teams of our own. MonsterMulch cannot therefore entertain any complaints or technical comments once our products have been installed.